#1 April 14,2021

 


This was my letter from my best friend, Mike...

Betty, I need to block you from my phone messages for a while. At this point it's more than I can handle listening to without it stressing me out daily.

Wow. I seriously need to improve.

I'm not a good person right now I guess. And there is like enormous room for improvement. I broke my word to him when we agreed to be friends: that is it is my job to put a smile on his face.

I failed at that more than I succeeded at it.

So I just have to figure out how to be a better person, how to be better somehow.

I think there are things that I don't see about myself just simply because I'm cocky. Simply because I tell myself that's who I am take it or leave it.

Maybe I can use this year to really work on that aspect of myself, the aspect of being a more positive influence genuinely.

I asked Mike to give me one year to get myself together to make myself a better person worthy of his friendship.

I am the atrocity that my mom made.

The cognitively brutal truthsayer. The unflinching and ruthless purveyor of logic.

But we're not at war.

And Mike was my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 8

Friday, June 10, 2022